History in Context - U.S. and World
U.S. History in Context offers an overview of Unites States History that includes significant events, full text periodicals and journals, current issues, and archives.
World History in Context allows the user to search a large collection of global issues and subjects. Database includes full text periodicals, biographies, reference materials, historic maps and atlases, and primary sources.
Both U.S. and World History in Context must be accessed through the Rapid City Public Libraries' website under Research and Databases.
There is both a Basic and Advanced Search. Users can also browse by topic or browse the main pages for featured content.
- Primary Sources
- Viewpoint Essays
- Audio and Video from archival newsreels, NPR, NBC, and other sources
- More than 73,000 images and 1,500+ seals, maps and flags
- Periodical articles from publications such as World History, History Review, Newsweek, The Historian, and American Heritage
- Download, email, print, save, translate, and listen to articles
- Share articles on social media sites like Facebook and Twitter
Gale is available via mobile devices. For more information, go to http://www.gale.cengage.com/apps/